Monday, April 30, 2012

New Companion


Date:     Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Email #82 – New Plymouth, ID

Dear Wonderful Bevell Family,
   Man it looks like you have all had a very successful week! Congrats Mom and Dad on finding someone to help manage the ranch so you can have Sundays and Mondays off! You truly deserve that and more in my opinion. Breck, I wish I could be there to watch you conduct at your last concert. Know I am so very proud of you and will be praying so very hard for you. I will so be there in spirit!! And your senior pictures are GORGEOUS!! lol <3 Izaak, you watch those items decompose!! lol. I remember my 6th grade science project and how much fun it was. So enjoy it!
   Now as to transfers I am still in New Plymouth. Elder Kofoed has been sent to Eagle ID and my new companions name is Elder Melchior.  I will be picking him up later today so in the meantime I am with my good ol MTC companion Elder Jones!
   This last week was really good for me spiritually. As transfers were coming up I was very up tight with Elder Kofoed and all that had happened between us. I thought "What am I going to do if we serve together another transfer!?" As I thought about all this I kept feeling the spirit telling me to just let it go. Sadly I fought against it for a while, but the more I fought the more angry I became. Finally I just decided I was done being mad. It was only hurting me, and I didn't want to end serving with Elder Kofoed on a bad note. It was when I decided to do this that I felt the spirit confirm the love that God has for me. When I felt this I felt that strong desire to share it, to be a more forgiving and patient person. In short, Elder Kofoed and I ended on very good terms, and if it's possible we would love to meet up and hang out later or after the mission.
   I have such a profound gratitude for this gospel and the way it helps us to move past not only the faults of others but our own as well.
   As to what we did this last week, we did a lot of service. We helped a Brother Frates tear apart an old house he owns that he's going to fix up. That was fun as we got to tear the walls out. lol. Then we mowed the lawn for the Ruska's  who are a potential investigator family. The dad is off for military training so we drop by and check in on the family to help out while he is gone.
   We have also been visiting an older man named Delbert who is going through a very hard time. Right now he is too deep in sorrow to hear the joy in our message. So we will keep visiting him and when he is ready to hear it we will be there.
   The next big thing that happened was for Elder Kofoed. Since he was being transferred all of his family had to say good by, so they held a small farewell party for him. It was fun, we played some basket ball ate some food, then sat down and had a small testimony meeting. Elder Kofoed bore a powerful testimony of the gospel and had a few people close to tears. it was a great send off for him.
   Well, that's all for me now. I'm excited for this next transfer, and I hope you all have a great week. I love you all, I'm trying not to keep track of what time I have left. lol. I pray for you every night, and wish only the best for you all. Take care, and stay cool!
                 -Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment