Monday, April 16, 2012

MONTH 18!!

Date:     Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Email #80 – New Plymouth, ID

Dear Bevells,
   Hello every one! Man, Am I tired today. Elder Kofoed and I have been getting up early every morning to work out. It's hard but fun.
   Some big news. I have been out on my mission for 18 months now! Boy has it been a trip. Looking back I can see how far I have come and how much I have learned and changed. I have really come to appreciate change in my life, without it life would just be the same. lol.
   Anyway. SNOW!? in ARIZONA!? Why does it do that whenever I am not around!!?? I did find it funny Mom how you said people still went down the river even though it was 65 outside. I now sweat when it get's up to 65! lol, I'm going to be swimming when I get home in October.
   So, the work is going great. Elder Kofoed and I are seeing some rewards for our efforts. We have an idea to set up a scripture study class to find more people to teach. No details yet, but I will be sure to let you know as it progresses.  Stake conference was also this last Sunday and guess who got to speak....Elder Kofoed!! And since we are companions I had to sit on the stand with him. Even though I didn't have to do anything. Except stay awake in case I was in the camera shot. lol. He did a very good job though. He talked about the importance of receiving a witness of truth, and taking action after it. He was even so bold as to call anyone who had received a witness but was not doing anything with it to repentance.
   After stake conference we had lunch over at Elder Kofoed's aunt and uncles house where I was informed that I had been adopted into their family. (Don't worry I'm still coming home to you guys when this is all done.)
   Now before I forget, Izaak, I was on lds.org this week and I want you to watch the Mormon message called "Fufilling your Duty to God".  That will tell you what you should do. (the message will then self destruct in 5 seconds. 5.4.3.2.1. JK!!!)
And congrats Breck on getting your Young Woman’s award!! Doesn't that feel good! I am so very proud of my family. I am grateful for this gospel which brings us closer together as we live it, even though we are far apart. Family truly is one of the greatest blessings our Father in Heaven has given us.
   Well that's all I got for now. I want you all to know that I know this church is true. The Atonement is real and it can help change our lives for the better. In a talk I recently read it said "The Atonement makes bad people good, and good people better." I believe that to be true.  I love and miss you all. You are always on my mind and in my heart. Take care till we meet again. Stay cool!
               -Elder Bevell-
p.s. There's a picture of Elder Kofoed and I about to attack some wings at Wingers, and me sitting on Elder Kofoed's uncles Harley!! Living the dream!! lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment