Monday, May 7, 2012

Decklan's nickname is "D"


Date:     Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Email #83 – New Plymouth, ID


Hello Again Bevell family,
   Just a heads up you have snail mail on the way. I'm trying to write you once a week for the rest of my mission. Recent talks in church two weeks ago made me feel that I should so I am.
   Congrats Breck on your final choir concert I so wish I could have been there. I would love a copy of the DVD to watch it! So far all I have heard about Izaak is about his science project. I wouldn't mind getting an email or letter from you little bro.  And Decklan is so very cute and I can't wait to hold him!! I have the perfect nick name for him already and you cannot stop me from using it. His nick name is "D"! Perfect isn't it? lol. And Tell Dan and Braylon I'm sorry for not writing them as much. I'm not sure if I have the right address for them. Could you let me know what's their address is again?  And Joshua is adorable as well. And Sarah, Zephra and Jacob are so big!! Man I am getting so excited to see all of you again!!!! My big trunky desire this week has been swimming.
   Ok now to the mission. My new Companion is Elder Melchior (melc-ier). He's from Denver Colorado, has been out for 8 months and is tall. lol. We've been working hard on finding through the members here in New Plymouth. This week we were able to meet with two of our bishops and get a list of families that the bishops believed could best help us. Its slow work, but the results should be very good. We are also working with the ward council as well.
   One cool story is our last visit to a man named Toby. He fell from the roof of a tall building at work and had to have his leg amputated.  Whenever we went to visit him he was usually asleep. He would stay in bed and was very depressed.  We have been praying hard for him and our last visit was awesome. He finally received his prosthetic leg! He was so happy as he walked around on it. He says he's going to have flames painted on the sides. lol. We were able to set an appointment with him, and he said he just might start coming to church. It's been hard on him, but I do believe that everything that has happened to him has and is leading him closer to the Gospel. It's so amazing to see the Lord work with his children.
   That's all I have for this week. There's more in my letters to you anyway. Speaking of letters,  I can't wait to talk to you all on Mother's day! It will be so good to hear your voices again. I love you all and wish the best for you! Stay cool!
                       -Elder Bevell-   

No comments:

Post a Comment