Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Date: Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Email #65 – Jerome, ID 

Dear Bevell Family,
   HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! I am glad to hear that you all had a great new year. We had a great time as well. Elder Bailey and I had the zone leaders, Elder Gage and Huyet, and Elders Duddley and Thompson, over to our house! 



Sister Farnsworth made a ton of snacks for us, chips, popcorn, seven layer been dip. Oh it was great. We played apples to apples bible edition, that was fun. We also learned that Elder Bailey has not seen “It's a Wonderful Life”, and when sister Farnsworth heard this she pulled it right out and put it on for us. Here's the crazy part, it was in COLOR!!! Man that was different. We also got to watch the ball drop in New York. Over all a great new year’s party.
   


I too have made some new years goals; one of them is to read the Book of Mormon every day this next year. I know that by doing this I will feel the spirit in a new and better way. I have also resolved to work harder than I have before, physically and spiritually. I only have 9 months left out here and I am going to make the best of it.
   I do have a pretty miraculous story for you as well. I had my first meeting with the stake president yesterday, it went well. He thanked us for all the amazing work we have been doing and how much the wards love us. He then told us the baptism goal for the whole stake. They had a goal for 50 baptisms, and at the end of the year we had helped them reach 40!!! That's so amazing! They are keeping the goal of 50 baptisms for this next year and I can see them making that goal.
   Now how are all of you? I was looking through pictures the other day and had a small moment of home sickness. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you all again
   Anyway, just a short email, Know that I love you, I pray for you, I'm working hard and loving the work. You guys are the best. Take care, and stay cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment