Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer in the Mountains - LUCKY!!!

Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Email #36 – LaGrande, OR

Hello Mom and Family,

I am doing just great and I cannot believe it is already week two in the transfer! The first week has just flown by. Elder Richards and I are getting a long just great! He is from Carmel, Indiana and has been on his mission for about 16 months. He is a fun guy and we laugh a lot together. And the Town is great! It’s so much smaller than Mesa, and all the towns around it are even smaller!! I seriously feel like I am in Mayberry! It’s so much fun!

I'm glad to hear the blog is being updated! I wish I could look at it. And how’s the finding out about my facebook page? If it's gone then I will just make a new one when I get home, But I don't think I will be able to find all my friends from school. So much lost, but none of it really needed to live right? lol

A lot has happened this past week, I wrote you a long letter about what I did; so I will take the time in this email to talk about the spiritual events. The first thing is how beautiful it is out here! Whenever I look at the green hills and the snow covered mountains, and the beautiful sunsets I feel nothing but gratitude to God for making such a beautiful world! Mom, you would seriously love to live in Oregon up in the mountains! It's just perfect! And Breck could even have horses up here too! lol. And the spirit that is felt when we teach is just wonderful. The people we are teaching are so nice, and willing to hear something new or to learn about what we believe, and to simply grow closer to Christ. In a lesson we had last night we learned that the couples little girl who is only 5 will stop the family before eating, and will bless the food herself! I felt so touched as the father told us how he watched his girl get some pizza at the place he works at, sit down at a table, then bow her head and pray. When was the last time you saw anyone pray over their food in public? I hope that anyone who saw that girl at that moment felt the spirit like I did just hearing about it.

We have already been blessed for our work up here by one of our ward mission leaders taking us up the tram at Wallowa lake! It was awesome! We rode the tram up to the top of the mountain with a great view of the lake on the way up. At the top there was snow everywhere, and it wasn't that cold strangely. I took several pictures and a few videos of Elder Richards and I. I've attached a few for you to see the stunning view!

Well I am really watching what I buy and spend my money on here, and I'm doing a really good job thus far. It helps we get a lot of good deals here. Free subway whenever we want, free KFC once a month, It’s great, and we even have a member who buys us cereal! Very nice.

As for something humorous, that is in the letter I sent to Breck! You will all enjoy it I'm sure. lol.

I am curious, have you seen or heard anything from Zach and his family? Are you keeping in contact with them? How are they doing? Have you seen or heard from Aaron, and Carsten lately? I got Ryan's wedding invite! He doesn't look any different!!! I want to know how he did that! lol. And of course how is Amanda and her Family doing?

That's all I have for now. I’m glad that things are going good for you all right now! Enjoy the break you have and have fun! I love you all! Stay cool!

-Elder Bevell-



Lake Wallowa

Elder Rudd, Elder Bevell, Elder Richards & Elder Sanders
Roomies at Lake Wallowa

No comments:

Post a Comment