Tuesday, May 31, 2011

TRANSFERS - LaGrande, Oregon!!

Tue, May 31, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Email #35 – LaGrande, OR

subject From LaGrande Oregon!!

Hey there Bevell Family,

I will start off by telling you how super sorry I am that I didn't tell you that transfers were on Monday and I am now in La Grande Oregon!! I hope you didn't send that package with John cause he won't find me in Idaho now. lol. But anyway, I am LOVING it up here! It’s so beautiful, everything is green and the mountains still have some snow on top as well! Since today was P-day My new companion Elder Richards and I along with Elders Rudd and Sanders, drove to lake Wallowa today and took some pictures. I've attached a few of them for ya and even one of a bald eagle we saw!! My camera was zoomed out as far as it could go when I took the picture of the eagle.

So the people in LaGrande are super nice. It's a small town with very good people, makes me think of the nice town of Mayberry on the Andy Griffith show. I've already met one of the Bishops in our area and he is amazing! He's a convert to the church, was a former Atheist, and upon getting called as Bishop he apparently quit his job so he could devote all time and energy to his calling! WOW! He has promised to keep giving us people to teach as long as he is able.

So about my living conditions, we are staying in an apartment with elders Rudd and Sanders. Elder Sanders and I are new to the area so when we fist walked into the apartment, saw the dirty dishes in the sink, the dirty bathrooms and bedrooms, we both agreed to help each other clean up the place just a little. lol, at the same time though I like the living arrangements. We have just what we need and no more. I have a bed, a desk to study at, we have a ton of food because of the amazing members here, and a washing machine. We also have a car and I am allowed to drive it!! YAY!!

Needless to say, I am going to love serving in the LaGrand area.

I'm glad you were all able to have a "lazy day", I've been praying that you guys would have some sort of break. And I just know that Breck is going to have a blast on the trek! And I wish so bad that I could go with her on it. I love you Breck, and don't get discouraged! Just have fun, help lift up others like you always do, and just enjoy the spirit of the whole thing! And Izaak I know will have a fun time with Dayson, and then the Horejs family. I will be writing both you guys via snail mail this week. I love you both!

That's all I got for now, I'm trying hard to learn this area fast so I can work my best. I'll write you all when I have more news. I love you and pray for you all every night! Have an amazing week, and stay cool!

-Elder Bevell-



Elder Bevell

Elder Bevell & Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment