Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baptisms... so happy.

Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Email #39 – LaGrande, OR

Dear Family,

Sounds like a lot of adventures happening at the ranch! Of course they all happen after I leave!!! That always happens!! lol jk, I am very happy to hear that no one was hurt with the whole kayak thing. And Dad, don't let it get you down. The worst thing you can do is keep thinking about it, and thinking about what could have been. Like Elder Packer said in last conference, "John, let it alone." And remember that I love you and appreciate all that you do to support the family and me here on my mission. I pray for you every night that you will remain healthy and safe from harm. Fight the good fight! =D.

Another cousin on a mission!!? That's awesome! I'm going to have to write her and see how things go with her! And then Chase as well!? That's awesome too!! lol. And if you see Teasha tell her that I am very disappointed in her for not responding to the TWO letters I have written her! SHE NEEDS TO WRITE ME BACK!

We have a baptism set up for Saturday the 9th of July for Sis Takahashi!! It was going to be this Saturday but she called and changed it just a few minutes ago. But she has been amazing! She has a little nephew who's about 2/3 months old who was having some problems. As soon as she heard about it, she got all her kids together and they prayed, and the next day fasted! The amazing part is that we hadn't even talked to her about fasting yet! She had learned about it in church!! I was amazed to see her grow spiritually so fast! It was a blessing for sure. We have also set a baptism date for Sis Webber and her daughter Koria, for the 17th of next month. We are very excited for them as well because they have been looking for a church for 11 years, and this is the only church they have wanted to join. We try our hardest to show how genuine we are because she is still a little jumpy about being tricked. (Apparently all the other churches she visited have tried to trick her.)

We’re not sure what we are going to do for the 4th of July. We had an idea to get together with some other elders and drive out to the lake and watch the fireworks, but that fell through. We'll figure something out though I am sure.

Well, this is just another short email this week. That way I have something to write you all about. I love you all, the work is good, the church is true, and I will continue to pray for you all! Stay cool!

-Elder Bevell-

p.s. I wouldn't complain if you sent me more pictures from home! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment