Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Look past the flaws and just Love one Another!

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Email #40 – LaGrande, OR

Dear Bevell Family,

Ignore that last email, for some reason the computer I am at decided to send it when I had just started. I'm emailing at the library here and to be honest, the computers here are not fun!!! I have to really push down on the keys to type my email, and it really annoys all of us. We used to email at the family history center but for some reason we are not allowed to email from there now. We're all still kinda sore about that. lol, anyway!

Life is very beautiful right now! I was in the car this morning driving back from staying at another elders house (we went and saw the fireworks over in Baker for the 4th) and I was thinking back on my life up to this point, and I realized that I have changed so much. A mission really does change you, and I am so grateful for that change! I am a better person, a different person! Overall...I'm liking the new me!! =D

The fireworks were pretty good. Nothing like what we would go and see, but it's a small town, and it was very nice. We watched it with our district leader Elder Shelly and his companion Elder Reel, and a family in their area. It was great to spend some time with them, and I thought of you guys as I watched the fireworks.

So this last week was a faith building moment. Last Wednesday the 29 of June, I was placed on a three day exchange with Elder Reel. Now this is the Elder Reel who had a hard time with my trainer Elder Mitchell. So you can imagine my distaste for this exchange. But I also saw it as a time to really learn to navigate my area, and to work on patience. So I said a prayer, and then planned what I was going to do for the next three days. They were all busy days so we wouldn't have to sit and do nothing. That was when I saw that Elder Reel has changed a lot. In lessons He was surprising me with ways to teach that I had never even thought of! I was amazed, and my faith increased. I was humbled those three days, as I looked past the faults, and simply loved who I was serving with. That's what this gospel is all about! It’s about loving each other! When we start to forget about what each other has done in the past, overlook each other’s flaws, and simply love one another, that is when the world will change. I know it, because I experienced it. And that is what changed me.

Transfer calls come this Friday, and I really am hoping and praying that Elder Richards and I will be staying together. And since you can't get me a GPS right now, I have decided to save up for one. I'm taking $20 each month, and just putting it aside, so in five months I should be able to afford a GPS of my own!!

That's all I am going to write for now, I will send you more details in snail mail. I love you all and pray for you every night! Take care and just love each other! Stay cool!

-Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment