Monday, August 27, 2012

Work is going great...


Date:     Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Email #99 – New Plymouth, ID


Hello Every one.
Glad to hear about how much fun you all are having. Have fun with B-ball Izaak and remember, it's not about the game, it's about WINNING!!!!! So play dirty! Push, shove, bite!!! lol, jk no it's really all about having fun! So even if others are getting mad just smile and laugh at how pathetic they look as they try to win. jk to that last part. Just be a friend! =D
   So the work is going great. This last week was the start of school here in New Plymouth. So it was a little hard to contact a few people due to last minute school shopping, but that shouldn't be a problem this week as people are already back in the swing of things. The exciting news is that we found another investigator last week! His name is Sam; he is a junior in high school and already has a strong testimony of the gospel. He has been coming to church with a member friend on and off for about two years now. We taught him for the first time in his friend’s home just yesterday and committed him to be baptized on the 22 of September! It truly is amazing to see how the Lord prepares his children to receive his gospel. WE were also able to set a baptism date with Debbie Horton. Hers is a little more tentative, but if all goes right she will be baptized on the 15th of September.
   Another person we are teaching is Travis. He is 8 and loves it when the missionaries come over. He is always offering us Kool-Aid and listens real closely when we teach him. Last time we met with him he proudly told us that he had read two chapters from the book of Mormon and was praying to know if it's true. The wonderful thing about all of this I think is how his dad see's all this. His dad is not a member and we have been trying to teach him for a long time, so now he is there in order for us to teach his son so he is getting to hear the lesson too! Nothing has happened there yet, but we will see.
   Also this Friday is transfer calls! After that I will be on my last transfer. I really hope I stay here in New Plymouth, I would hate having to work in a place I don't know about for my last 6 weeks. But whatever happens I know that the Lord is in it and I will not complain. Because complaining only makes things worse, and I don't like that. lol.
   So last pday when I finished emailing and I was waiting for elder Olinger to finish I checked out ldsyouth.org. If you guys haven't been there you should go! I wish I had known about it before my mission! It has great videos and talks and all sorts of stuff. It even has free music downloads for EFY music motab and all sorts of other lds music!
   That's cool to hear about Jeff! Tell him I said hi and I will gladly work something out with him when I get home. I'll have to brush up on my guitar a bit but that sounds like fun! And thanks for helping out with CGCC, Let me know what I have to do for that.
   We'll, that's all I have for now. Know that I am doing great and am having the time of my life out here in Idaho serving the Lord. Again, thank you Mom and Dad for teaching me these wonderful truths in my youth. I shudder to think of how my life would be if it wasn't for this Gospel. It is true, and I am so glad to be a part of it. It truly is the best thing to have in our lives. Take care everyone, and stay cool!
                   -Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment