Monday, August 6, 2012

Time is flying by much too fast.


Date:     Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Email #96 – New Plymouth, ID


Dear Bevell family,
   Time is flying by much too fast. They say two years go by fast, but that's only in hindsight. I am so very grateful to be training right now because if I wasn't it would be very hard for me to stay motivated or concentrated on the work. But since I have to be an example of what a missionary needs to be for this new missionary I find myself being very aware of everything I do. Elder Olinger btw is a great companion and missionary. He has a great sense of humor and loves to work which is very good because our zone leaders just committed all of us to try and teach 40 lessons each week! I just got this area up to 20 lessons a week! But we are acting in faith. Elder Olinger and I decided to strive for 50 lessons each week and have two people baptized in one month! We are going to be working so very hard these next few weeks. I look forward to dragging myself into bed and falling asleep to my night time prayers. lol.
   Blessings are being seen right now, as well as opposition. Two blessings come from the Fruitland 3rd ward. On the 11th of this week, a Dylan will be getting baptized. He has been investigating the church for a long time. He's about 17 and lost interest for a while because of an anti Mormon youth group he had been going to. But just last week he announced in church that he wanted to be baptized. We are so very excited for him. Also a man walked up to our ward mission leader this last Sunday and asked him if he could meet with us! So we also have a new investigator in that ward. We haven't met him yet but hopefully will this week. Some opposition is happening in the New Plymouth 2nd ward. Our golden investigator Debbie has wanted to come to Church. But it seems that every Sunday either she or he kids are sick.. We are praying that everything will work out this next week for her. We will be meeting with her this Wednesday and teaching her the word of wisdom, law of chastity, and tithing. As for 1st ward, things are pretty slow.
   But we have a plan to speed things up! We are making a signup sheet for the members to sign up and have us come over and teach the first missionary lesson to their families! They of course will be encouraged to invite a non member friend over when we do that. Hopefully we will be finding more investigators with this.
   Gosh, there is so much that I would like to write if time only permitted. I'm doing good, working hard and keeping busy. As you all know you are in my prayers, I love you all and am very excited to see you all again soon!! Stay cool!!!
                          -Elder Bevell-

Elder Bevell and Elder Olinger eating breakfast food for dinner at the Beutler's!


No comments:

Post a Comment