Monday, December 5, 2011

It's a Small World


Date: Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 11:03 AM
Email #61 - Jerome, ID


Hello again Bevell family,
   Yes, this last week has been very fun from missionary work to meeting old friends, or friends of old friends. lol.
   Our appointments this last week went really good. We set a baptism date with a young man named Shayden Kuper. I don't know if I've told you about the Kupers yet. They are a less active family that missionaries have been trying to reactivate for a long time. Shayden is a very lively kid and is also very smart. We taught him the plan of salvation on Sunday and committed him to be baptized on the tenth next Saturday! He asked me to baptize him and Elder Bailey to confirm. (Ok he actually flipped a coin.)
   We are also having some success with an older woman named Charlene (Shar-lean). She has been looking for a faith for a while and was studying with the Jehovah witnesses for a while, but didn't find their teachings to be for her. Us on the other hand she likes a lot and is trying very hard to get work off on Sundays so she can come to church. We have the Relief Society President come with us to a lesson and they are like to old high school girls. They look like Aunt Bea and her friends at tea on the Andy Griffith show!!! lol.
   Gary, for lack of a better word is AWESOME!! lol. We committed him to be baptized on the 17th! It's crazy we only see him twice a week, for our lesson and at church. He doesn't ask questions in lessons he just sits and listens to what we say and agrees with us! I've said it many times but I am going to say it again. Gary has been prepared to recieve this gospel and he is receiving it!!
   Now to your small questions. Yes, I am in a car. My bike is packed away in it's box. My asthma is acting up but that's only cause it's cold here. (There I said it. It's COLD!!) But my inhaler is still pretty full and I still have one more just in case. The dietary pills are helping a ton. I'm on the last bottle and That might run out pretty soon. I hope they are not too expensive. As for the insight I shared at dinner, I will write that to you in snail mail. You will love it.
   Sounds like you all have been having fun again. lol. I am super jealous of Izaak for his scout camp out. Lucky punk! I bet they have a video game merit badge now! If they do you better get it little bro. For me if nothing else! lol.  And Breck I loved your winter formal pictures. I am glad you had a safe group and fun. You are turning out to be quite the party animal. But I guess you learned that from me. lol.
   Oh! I almost forgot! Elder bailey and I found a member who has a work out room and they are letting us use it! We get up at about 5:30 and get there around 5:50. We work out benching, doing push-ups and all that jazz. They even have a basket ball court and racket ball! We are also running at night with our zone leaders. I am getting way into shape now! lol. Maybe You will want pictures of the results. lol.
   Well that's me for this week. I love you all and look forward to hearing form you again soon! Take care and stay cool!
                                                          -Elder Bevell-
p.s. Have you gotten Tyler's mailing address yet? Just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment