Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Investigator


Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:18 AM
Email #48 – La Grande, OR
    
Elder Brant Bevell - 10 months as a Missionary 
Hey Bevell Family!
So it looks like we will be emailing earlier in the day now. I noticed you usually email me around one my time, so if you want me to get your email for the day your going to have to email me earlier now. sorry if that's inconvenient.
   I loved getting your family home evening letters! It's so good to hear from you all, and I'm glad you all are doing so good. And Mom, I also got your miracle letter. I was so humbled, and grateful as well. Elder Zurbe and I found a thrift store the other day and we plan on checking it out today. He showed me a suit of his that is so legit!! Its a brown 80's suit with gold buttons that he got for TEN BUCKS!!! so I figure I can get a nice suit as well for cheep. His brown shoes only cost him 5 dollars. Already God is helping me find stuff that I NEED for good prices.
   So I got an email from Danielle telling me that I am an UNCLE!!!!! WHOOOOOOT!!!! I am so excited! And I also sent an email to Izaak with some pictures for him. I am sure you will all enjoy them. The one of all of us jumping was taken by sister Rosenbalm who happens to be a professional photographer!
   Now, more about the work. Libby is doing much better. She decided not to move into assisted living because her legs are getting stronger again, and the Elders Quorum is building a ramp for her trailer! She loves all the help that the ward has given her and is always looking for ways to help others. She doesn't want people to think that she is just going to live off church welfare. She wants to serve as well! 
   We aren't helping with the buffalo sadly, but we did see some when I was with Elder 
Richards! I've attached a few pictures for you.


   We have also found a new investigator! His name is Dave. His wife is a member and we taught him the first lesson yesterday. He asks very good questions, and told us that he is really open minded about the Book of Mormon. He doesn't want to join a church and then find out after he dies that it was wrong and that he lost his salvation because of it. He will probably be baptized soon. 
   One sad thing, we had a less active we were working with drop us yesterday. We had just met her a week before where she told us that she wants to come back to this church, and suddenly she calls us and says she is done and that she is going to go to the catholic church with her family. I was crushed. Elder Zurbe thinks we can get her back though so we are not giving up on her yet.
   Well it sounds like things are only getting busier back there with you guys! I'm super excited that Izaak is in the play this year! And tell Alyssa and her Mom I say hi back! I sure miss all the GFAA gang. You should tell them to write me!! lol. That's a bummer that Zack wasn't there. He was so fun at those, and I know a lot of people will be bummed that he's not there. I still haven't heard from him, Have you guys? I also got a letter from Josh, he sound like he is doing way better! I love getting letters form him. Tell him I said hi and that I will write him back soon!
  And of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, you almost thought I had forgotten I bet! Sorry that there is no card or anything but know that I love ya, I appreciate everything you do for me, and I am very proud to call you my father. Thank you.
      Well that's me for this week. Thanks for all you do, your prayers are very much felt. I love you all and pray for you every day. Take care, and stay cool!
                        -Elder Bevell-



No comments:

Post a Comment