Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Libby is a Member!


Date: Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Email #46 – LaGrande, OR

Dear Bevells,
   Wow, another transfer has gone by. I am amazed at how it can feel like such a short time, and yet like it’s been forever, at the same time!! You know what I mean? If not then I sound like I have gone crazy.
   So as far as transfers go, Elder Richards and I are pretty sure that I am staying here in La Grande. Elder Richards was told at the beginning of this transfer that he would be leaving, but as to where, we don't know. I am really going to miss serving with him. We have had so much fun and success together.
Libby's baptism was so good. Elder Richards baptized her and I confirmed her right afterwards. The spirit was so strong, and it was because of Libby. WE had planned to carry her down into the font and sit her in a chair and baptize her like that, but when she arrived she told us that she wanted to walk in and stand. I was amazed as I helped her down into the font, You could tell that it hurt so much to simply slide her foot a few inches forward. But she did it!  Attached is a picture of us at the baptism.  Her Daughter was there also, she is not a member and wants to learn more. You could see on her face that she was feeling the spirit. After the baptism we followed Libby home and helped her daughter, Candy, literally carry Libby into her small trailer. Once inside after we had sat down Libby looked at me and said, "Wow. I'm a Mormon now." I looked right back at her and said, "Yes you are. Welcome." I just love visiting with her, and Mom, you would get along with her so well.
   We also had zone conference this last Monday! Oh it was my favorite yet. They talked about a new training program and passed out a whole bunch of training materials!!! Apparently they are using new manuals in the MTC, and they want us to become familiar with them so we can work off what the new missionaries will already know. The new manuals have set study guides for different days, and evaluation sheets. We also got portable DVD players along with copies of the districts 1 and 2. I am so excited to look through all this new stuff and learn how to become a better missionary, and a better teacher. The speakers were very good too. We had the first councilor to President Cannon talk to us, President Kotter. He told us to always try and be the best we can be. One thing he said that I really like was, "You become who you want to be by being who you want to become every day." I am really taking this to heart, and I also hope it motivates you all as well. Sister Cannon also spoke to us about the Book of Mormon. The statement from her that moved me was, "Some people read the Book of Mormon enough to feel the guilt, but not enough to feel the joy." That hit me very hard, and as I looked at my times of reading the Book of Mormon in the morning, I was very happy to realize that I have been feeling the "joy". And I think that feeling comes when we gain a deeper understanding of the Atonement. Because when we understand the Atonement, we can better see how it can affect our lives through the examples of all the wonderful people in the Book of Mormon. I hope all of you have felt the "joy" in reading the Book of Mormon as well.
   Well, Happy Late Birthday to Braylon!!! I'm sure he will be very happy to know that I knew it was his birthday because I have it written down on my calendar!! I hope you had fun man!!
   And thank you so much for the pictures! I LOVE them! Breck! You are so beautiful and I love the way your hair is. I am going to have to chase off all those guys because of how beautiful you are! (and you know I will too!  lol.) And Izaak, you are growing up way too fast little bro.. I am so excited for this next big step in both of your lives. I love you both!
    I love you Dixon family and I miss you all! How's Sarah, Zephra, and Jacob doing? And is my violin still being used?
    Thanks for the email Dad. I do love hearing from you, and I pray every night that you will sleep well, and that you will have the strength and energy to do the work you need to, and that God will provide for you. I love you Dad. And Thank you Mom, for all the help that you give me in word, and in everything else. I love you! Stay Cool!
               -Elder Bevell-

Elder Bevell - Sister Libby Davis - Elder Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment