Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Laboring on Labor Day...


Tue, Sept 6, 2011 @ 12:39pm
Email #49 – La Grande, OR

Dear Bevell Family,
  Once again it is so good to hear from you all. Sorry I haven't written in a while. I have been dog tired at the end of the past few days, lots of work going on. I will be writing you all this week!!   Sounds like a lot of fun has been going on down there at the ranch.  I loved the pictures of Izaak's project. Good job bro! I'm very proud of you and can see that you are trying hard in school, keep up the good work! And I love Dad's new name, Pablo Bevell the bookie! I have a funny for you Dad. One of our investigators is spanish. Her name is Rosa Norwood and I asked her if the word Pablo means anything in Spanish. She said yes, that it is the name of the Apostle Paul! So it looks like I have changed your name from John to Paul.  lol sorry if you don't like it. ;)
  So, Libby is doing good. The funny story with her is... One day I told her that back home I was kind of a video game nerd. When I told her this her jaw dropped, and she asked, "What's your favorite game?" I said Halo. Her jaw dropped even further. "That's my favorite game too!!!" lol, Turns out Libby is a huge gamer!! She loves game systems and even online games. (She is a world of warcraft fan. lol) It was funny to hear how she beat all her grandchildren at all these games that just came out!  I loved it.
    Well I am short on time today. Elder Zerbe and I are getting along just great. We are working hard and things are looking bright! I will write you all this week and my prayers are with you always. I love you all! Stay cool!
               -Elder Bevell-

Pablo Bevell story referenced by Elder Bevell... this is from an email I sent Elder Bevell previously...

So my funny for the week.  It is actually just silly, but it made Dad laugh so hard he had tears.  I was cleaning my office at work last Saturday.  And in the back of one of my desk drawers I found a slip of paper with some names and numbers on it.  

Here is a part of the list -
Hankyshadow   36
Poor Richard  36
Free Booter  48
Cooper Std Black  36

Anyway, I knew it was Dad's handwriting.  And it looked so strange to me.  Then I remembered the movie about the mafia guy and how he used fronts for his bookings.  LOL.  So I thought --- I am going to ask Dad if he taking bets.  What a great cover to use the ranch.... dunt, dunt duhhhh...(that is music sound effects to make my story more dramatic,)  Ok... so here is the best part.  I then decided to Google the first name on the list and see what it was...  have you figured it out?...  go ahead... take a guess... It was... A FONT!  Yep that's right... A FONT.  A type of lettering in Microsoft Word.  It was Dad's list of lettering that he liked for the SLR brand he wants to make for the wood furniture he is building. So what are the numbers?  Yep... the Font sizes he likes.  Oh my, Dad laughed so hard when I had "the talk" with him, to make sure he wasn't part of the mafia.  So as you can see we are all still crazy fun around here and laugh quiet often.  Dad says his new name is Pablo Bevell the Bookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment