Tuesday, July 19, 2011

9 Months - WOW

Date: Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:03 PM
Email #42 – LaGrande, OR

Dear Bevell family,
   I can't believe I am 9 months out! I was thinking the other day, "Wow, three more months and I will have been out a whole year!!" That's crazy! The mission really is going by so fast!!!
   I've decided to start my emails off by answering your questions now. Hopefully I will catch them all this time. I am doing just wonderful. You will never guess what I did this morning and what I am kinda hoping to make a habit of. Running! That's right, this morning all four of us, Elder Richards, Sanders, Bell and I got up at 6:15 and ran a mile. Gosh it was hard for me. Elder Richards did track back home so his endurance is way better than mine, and he was such a huge help with it all. At the end he pointed to the space next to him and said "This is your spot. Run here!" and the whole time he kept encouraging me to keep up. "Don't let me loose you!!" he kept saying. My lungs hurt afterwords, but the rest of me felt great!!
   You would all get along with elder Richards. He actually got his mission call while he was at college.....in BYU Idaho!!!!! lol. He said after he read his call he was thinking "What? I'm already here!!" He is also the District Leader here now, and he does a great job of it. He still has to go to Boise for doctor appointments for his hand. Luckily though his next appointment is set for two months away. President told him that he would be closer to the doctors by that time. Which basically means that he will be transferred at the end of this transfer. =( Oh well. We will just have fun with the rest of the time we have, and work hard!!
   I don't have my talk from Trisha Takahashi's baptism written down, I just said it all from my heart on the spot. Sorry about that. I do have a picture though. It's attached to this email! She really is amazing, She has been a member for only a week, and she signed up to feed us dinner!! lol. That was fun, she really misses her kids though and will be moving up to Hawaii to be with them pretty soon. We will miss her.
   Now for Libby. We have decided to set her baptism date for the 30th of this month. She still hasn't been able to get to church because of her health, so we are going to see if the Relief Society President can go visit her. She said that she would really like that a lot. She is so optimistic about everything. She can hardly walk but whenever we see her she has the biggest smile on her face.
   Leini we have not gotten a hold of yet. She still seems to be out of town, and they won't answer any of our calls or texts. I hope everything is ok over there, we will keep trying.
   Wildflower Old Folks Home is a sad story now. Katy, the woman who we would work with there quit. We're not sure what happened, but apparently some one there offended her. Elders Sanders and Bell are still going but Richards and I have not gone in a while. Elder Sanders is still trying to get a hold of her.
   I haven't heard from Zach in a while myself. I feel worried about him.  I'll write him this week and see whats up and let him know that you all love him like family.
   I feel so bad for not having written Carsten yet!!!!!!!!! Tell him I 'm sorry and that I will write him soon!

   I am glad things are going good for all of you. Good job Breck on finishing online classes!!!! As for AP music......I can't really remember anything!!! It's very sad, I look back on school and all I remember is choir concerts, choir tour, and music stuff. I don't remember anything I learned in school!!! I am very scared for college when I get back. And Izaak, Man I am proud of you! Keep working hard, and learn all you can. And no matter how hard things may get, or how stinky horse poo is, remember this saying, "This poo shall pass." Hahaha.;D
   Mom and Dad, I pray for you guys every night that you will sleep well, and have the strength that you will need for the day, and that your burdens will be made light so that you can enjoy all the beauty that is around you guys. I am so grateful for all the sacrifices you have made in your life for us your children, and I ask God to bless you both with everything you deserve. You both are the best. Thank you. And Mom, I am working hard. I am being obedient, and trying my best to have the spirit close at all times. 
   I still haven't gotten your package yet, which has me really perturbed. The mail man here has even skipped our house twice not even picking up our mail!! I am very much hopping that I get it tomorrow. I am waiting to write you all after I read your letters in it so I can save on postage. Its much nicer to send all your letters in one envelope.
 
   Well I have reviewed your email, and I think I got all your questions. I love you all, and am so proud to call you family! I pray for you every night that you will feel my love, and that you will be safe from harm. Take care and stay cool!
                           -Elder Bevell-
p.s. HOLY COW ITS RAINING HARD!!!!!!
p.s.s. The pictures are of the baptism, the rain just now, and Morgan lake at sunset one night! enjoy!   




No comments:

Post a Comment