Tuesday, July 26, 2011

3 Baptisms this coming Saturday!

Date: Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:27 PM
Email #43 – LaGrande, OR


Dear Bevell family,
   Good afternoon....it's afternoon for me.  I am glad to hear that you are having a good day so far. I am also glad you enjoyed the pictures; I am thinking that I will just email some to you guys every time I email. I'm sure you would love that. I would like that as well. (hint hint)
Running is getting difficult, meaning that we have not ran since the last time I emailed you. lol, there is a lake just ten minutes away so we are thinking about getting up and running around the lake one morning! Sounds like fun right? We'll see if we actually do it. 
I don't know if it rained in La Grande today because we drove up to Enterprise today to go hiking and see some waterfalls up in the mountains! That was fun. We met up with a member there who knew the mountains and he took us up. I got a scratch on my leg on the way, there is a picture attached, and the waterfall was just beautiful. I am falling more and more in love with nature as I am here.  Elder Richards was getting crazy at the falls as well. He actually walked through the ice cold water to get a better picture of the falls!
And to answer your question about his call, he was kinda disappointed about it. Like most missionaries were, which is dumb because this mission totally ROCKS!!
   ANYWAY, we are in a car here. My bike is still packed up in the box, I might pull it out and make sure everything is still ok. Thanks for reminding me about that.
   Now most of our service here is yard work. Cutting logs, mowing lawns, painting. We even got an invite to help someone with their BUFFALO!! We haven't been to there house yet but we are looking forward to it.
   So we have three people getting baptized this Saturday! Ginnessa (Ji-ne-sa) and Karia, and Elizabeth(Libby)! I am so excited for them all.  Karia has gone through so much by taking the lessons and committing to joining the church. Her family has basically dis-owned her. Even some of her close friends have turned on her. It is hard for her but she knows it's true, and she is not stopping. And Libby!!!! My goodness, she is amazing! We dropped in on her last night to talk about her baptism and her daughter was there.. She bore strong testimonies of the truths of the gospel, and we will be teaching Candy the first lesson tonight! Wow. Libby is going to be an amazing member. And the reason why she doesn't feel well is due to the fact that she has two false knees from an accident, and she is still going through rehab.
Thanks for the package, I got it on the 23rd. You should be getting some snail mail soon with some pictures as well,.
I love you all, you are awesome, and I am always praying for you to have peace, strength, joy, and health. Take care, and stay cool!
                                -Elder Bevell-


Hiking in Enterprise, OR


OUCH!!




No comments:

Post a Comment