Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Staying in LaGrande with Elder Richards - Yeah!

Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Email #41 – LaGrande, OR


Preface::: Story of the missing spoon from mom's email:

Dear Elder Bevell,

Now - the subject line... "It HAS been FOUND!!!" I am sure you are wondering what I am talking about. I think you will enjoy this - a lot. So -- Breck comes running in to me at work TODAY! She says "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, look what we found!" Can you guess? What would make me so happy? Yep... a spoon!!!!!!!! The one that has been lost for a WHOLE year! I was so very happy... Now the rest of the story... where do you think the spoon was? Yep... In DAD'S TRUCK! Can you hear my voice raising. LOL. So --- Dad is refusing to speak to me or the kids as they TURNED ON HIM... and told me. So a little discord in the Bevell family this morning. JK.. So - of course this news MUST go on facebook and yes Carsten takes credit for teaching others how to steal my spoons. The nerve of him! Now for the sad news... I am now missing a little fork. What am I ever going to do?"


Dear Bevell Family,

Wow, I'm going to be honest here, this last email kinda made me jealous as I read about all the fun stuff you guys are doing with friends and family. I really do miss you guys. I have moments when I say in my head "What am I doing!!? I should be with my family, having fun, building relationships and hanging out with friends, working and going to college!" I realize more and more everyday what a sacrifice serving a mission is. Yes its fun, and I know that in the end it will all be worth it, but sometimes that doesn't seem to help. But even as I say that in my head I cannot deny how in a strange way we are growing closer together faster than we would if I was there with you guys.

Hooray! You found a spoon! lol, That really is funny! And the fact that a fork is now missing is pretty funny as well! The humor never stops! And to Stephen Shelley I say "hi" back! And also "WRITE ME!!!" lol.

Now for my week. Man it’s been crazy! So we got transfer calls this last Friday and Elder Richards and I are staying together in La Grande, we are both very happy about this. We have a new missionary in our apartment, his name is Elder Bell, he replaced Elder Rudd. Elder Bell is from Mesa AZ and he just graduated from West wood High! We have no hard feelings towards each other. lol.

We had the baptism of Trisha Takahashi this last Saturday!! It was simply beautiful! I got to talk about baptism and Elder Richards on the Holy Ghost, and after Trisha was baptized she stood up and bore her testimony. WOW is all I can say! She has such a strong testimony in this gospel and you can see how it has changed her! I feel so privileged to have been allowed to teach her. I will send you pictures when I can, my camera is back at the apartment right now.

We got a new investigator this last week who moved in from the Kenowick mission. Her name is Elizabeth Davis, (We call her Libby). She has already been taught and interviewed for baptism and has a date set for the 23rd of this month!! She is just great, and already knows so much about the gospel. We spoke to the missionaries who taught her and they said that when they would teach her she would understand what was being taught and could guess what was next! its crazy!

So things are only getting better here in La Grande and I am really excited for this next transfer!

Thanks for Finally sending the package! I have been waiting for that with such baited breath that I could catch a fish! (Baited breath! Get it? lol XP Well I love you all and look forward to reading your letters! Take care and keep the faith! I love you! Stay cool.

-Elder Bevell-

p.s. Hey dad, could you send me a line of authority chart? That would be great! Thanks!

And happy late birthday Dan!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment