Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Trust in God

Tue, May 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Email #32 – Meridian ID

Dear family,

I'm sorry to hear that things are getting tough. But I am even more pleased that you all are looking at the bright side of things and just letting God shape you into who he wants you to be. After all that's what God does doesn't he? He works us in a "refiner’s fire" Till we are a perfect tool for him to use. I felt this as I read your email, and my spirit just sank as I read about everything that has happened in less than a day. But as I read how you just prayed for understanding and strength Mom, I felt peace. Everything WILL be alright. God will always take care of his people. It makes me think of the story when Alma, who was once a Priest for the evil King Noah, had led the people he had baptized away from the armies of the evil king, but they suddenly became slaves to the Lamonites, and the rest of king Noah's priests. Why had God let this happen? Alma and the people had promised to obey God, and had done just that! Then we see that God helped them escape by putting the Lamonite guards to sleep. I thought about that story real hard and came to this conclusion. God will not always stop bad things from happening, but he will always save those who believe and trust in him. So keep trusting in God guys, and I will continue to pray and work hard for you. =)

Today for P-day we got together with most of the zone and played DODGE BALL!!! I haven't had that much fun in a long time! The balls were small, maybe bigger than a softball, and it didn't hurt when you got hit, no matter how hard it was thrown. I was pretty good at dodging, but a terrible aim when throwing. lol, After that the elders decided they wanted sushi for lunch, but I didn’t want to spend my money on that so I had just decided to go with them and just talk as they ate. Then one of the zone leaders elder Nunley (who actually graduated from Red Mountain when I was a Freshmen) said he didn't want to spend money either, so we took the car and decided to go email. And that's where I am right now! lol, After this we will probably go shopping, I'm going to have to use my personal card, (sorry Mom) But I'm not buying much. We're out of milk and cereal, and eggs, so that's all I'm getting. AS to the $70 from Grandma, just put it on the card and I will just have it there for emergencies. Tell her thank you for me as well, I feel bad for not doing it when I was on the phone with her the other day.

That's all I got for now, I hope things get better with you all, as a matter of fact, I know they will. OH! Thank you for Matthews last letter, I really like the 6 D's and plan on sharing them in some way with my district. I'm also trying to apply them in my own life. =)

I love you all, thanks for your prayers and support! Stay cool!

-Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment