Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Visit from Elder Ballard & Elder Uchtdorf

Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Email #29 – Meridian ID

Dear Mom,

I'm glad that Easter was good for you all! I loved your egg puzzle letters! I got the final pieces yesterday and was able to read them! I guessed pretty well what they would say! You would have loved my reaction to receiving them, as I opened the package and the eggs I got a little frustrated. I don't consider myself very good with puzzles, even little ones. So I was thinking "What is this!? This is going to take forever for me to Finish!" And 20 minutes later I sat with four puzzles all put together except for one piece on each. lol, I had to laugh at my own reaction as well, and so did my companion. Thanks for the laugh guys!

On Easter our stake had stake conference and we got to hear from Elder Ballard of the twelve and Elder Uchtdorf of the first presidency! It was great to hear from them. Elder Ballard talked about Christ's atonement and how it strengthens families and brings them closer together. He said that no one should feel unwelcome in their own home, but constantly supported. Elder Uchtdorf spoke for a whole HOUR! I didn't hear most of his talk because we were asked to help set up more chairs in the building. There were so many people there that they had to borrow chairs from another building!! We ended up sitting on the stage with our feet hanging down. It was very fun! After that we spent some time over at the Wilson's again and painted eggs! I only colored five eggs but we had a great time talking, making jokes and laughing. The Wilson's are a fun family. Sis Wilson always tells us that when we come to her house we can just be kids again! She knows we work hard and wants us to be able to relax once in a while. Once done there we walked over to Darrell's, an older man who doesn't get many visitors. We talked with him for a bit on the atonement, and then we went home for the night. And that was my Easter! lol.

Today has been pretty normal so far. We did our laundry, and played some basket ball with four other elders. We had three really good games with them; I even made a few baskets! (Beams with pride) I can feel a huge change in my physic, I'm much stronger and even better at sports, and my asthma hasn't given me grief when I play. And the weird part of that is that I have less problems with my asthma when I don't take the pills......? I'm not sure why but when I take the pills in the morning I use my inhaler a lot those days, and when I don't, I have no need for the inhaler at all. Weird huh?

That's all that has happened thus far today. I feel much better now. I have been thinking a lot Mom on who I really am: Soul searching. I know I am a child of God, but I want to know more. I'll let you know more when I find it. In the mean time I will keep busy! President wants us all to find two new investigators a week! Please pray for us to come up with ideas, and that we will have success!

Thanks for all you guys do! I feel your prayers and love, and hope you can feel my own for you. You guys are awesome! And tell Ryan I said hi and Kenton also that I can't wait to hang out with them again! Stay cool! -Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment