Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Easter 2011


Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Email #27 – Meridian ID

Hello Bevell Family!!

Yes I am staying here another transfer so you can continue to write me at my current address. I'm glad I'm staying, things are showing signs of picking up and I still haven't finished passing out all the packets yet. I hope those get the members excited about missionary work. Its funny how a lot of the time we as missionaries get frustrated with members for not helping us out. To us there is no more important work than bringing people

to the gospel! We seem to forget that we don't have to deal with everyday life like everyone else does.

Wow! Easter all ready!? Time sure is starting to go by faster. This Easter so far our only plan is to go over to the Wilson's house (Sis. Wilson cuts our hair) and paint Easter eggs with them. Her son just got off his mission from Dallas Texas. He's a cool guy. And as far as I know, they don't do any pageant like things down here for Easter. Kind of a bummer I

think the pageant is a huge missionary tool.

Br Gibbons, I have seen his office. It’s actually close to where I am staying right now! I will have to drop in and say hi at some point. We usually go to a man in one of the wards who adjusts our backs for free as well. There are several places that do chiropractic work here. Luckily though, my back doesn't give me too much trouble.

Breck and Izaak, sorry I don't email you guys as much. I'll try to do better. Most of the

time when I email I put down everything I did the past week, and that can get a little annoying to write over and over. But know I will email you guys as often as I can and also know that the letters I write will have more emotion, feelings, and advice than an email will. I love you guys!

And with that love for you all - I too will end this email with my testimony.

I know that God lives and loves us. That his son Jesus Christ is our savior, that through him we can be perfected and forgiven of our sins and mistakes. We don't have to carry those

burdens or walk alone. I also know that the Christ lives today just as much as he did when he walked this earth. He loves us all. I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the word of God. That by studying them we can grow closer to our Savior, and strengthen our testimonies of him. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God to restore this wonderful church to the earth. That by following its standards, and God commandments we can find peace in this life, and joy in the next. This is my humble testimony, and I say these things in the name of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

-Elder Bevell-

p.s. Here is a picture of me and the Thompsons. I gave them your email Mom

.

No comments:

Post a Comment