Friday, October 29, 2010

Mission

Email #3
MTC - Provo Utah

October 29, 2010

Hello everyone! Thanks again for your letters and love. I really am feeling the power of all your prayers.
So, its Pday today, we started it off by going through the Provo Temple at 7 am. I couldn't think of a better way to start off the day. I love the feeling of just sitting in the celestial room, I almost fell asleep!
The other day in class we learned a great lesson on humility. We tried to teach our teacher the first lesson but it just didn't work out. We were all feeling pretty depressed about it. We then began talking about what could we have done better. Someone then said, "We didn't have the spirit to help us teach." This realization is very important, because we as missionaries are not the ones who convert people, The spirit does. Which is were humility comes in. If we are prideful and think that we can teach an investigator so well cause we feel like we have a good knowledge of the gospel and convert them, the spirit cannot enter the conversation and testify of our words. President Brigham Young told about his conversion story, How the missionaries spoke of the gospel with very elegant language, but when a simple member got up, and simply testified of what he knew to be true, he felt the spirit testify to him in such a way that he believed the man.
As missionary it is my job to invite the spirit into the lessons so that it can speak to me, and guide me, and also testify to the investigator of the truth of my words. What a humbling experience.
I am so excited to get out of the MTC and start applying what I've learned! Don't get me wrong, i love the MTC but I'm just feeling "ready" and itching to go!
And mom, yes, Elder Jones will be on the plane with me, as well as all the elders in my district here! I am so glad for that because i have grown to love them all and consider them to be some of my best friends! I really do love them!
Well that's all for now. I love and miss you all, family and friends included.
Elder Bevell
p.s. How you doing Zach? (Zach Green)

No comments:

Post a Comment