Monday, September 24, 2012

"Invite a Friend"...


Date:     Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Email #103 – Kimberly, ID

Dear Bevells,
   It's been a very good week in Kimberly! This last Sunday was “invite a friend” to church day and in our whole zone we had 88 non members there! That's amazing! The rest of the elders in our zone are working hard and it is very obvious in their reporting numbers. So I am very glad to say that the work is going forward at a steady pace!
   We also had an open house for one of the church buildings here that was just recently renovated. It's a small area so to you it would look like only a few people came, but to the bishopric there were a ton of people there! lol. Apparently a few of the non members who came also came to church on Sunday.
   I wanted to take a little time and thank you Mom for telling me about President Whimpey's talk about how Christ will always come to comfort us and give us peace. These past few days I have been feeling very much not at peace. I've been thinking back on my mission and there are so many things I feel I could have done better at.  There are even a few things that I feel I failed in. Needless to say it was pulling me down spiritually, and my companion was feeling it as well. This morning in my personal study I studied up on how I could have continual spiritual peace. I looked up the word "peace" in the book of Mormon index and started looking at the references. The one that stood out to me the most was in D&C, I can't remember the section or verse but the words are, "Learn of me, walk in the meekness of my spirit and you shall have peace in me." The thing about this gospel is the minute you think you know something you learn very quickly that you don't know anything at all. So I've made a little goal to do all I can to build up my relationship with my Savior, so that even if I'm having a bad day I can still feel good spiritually. It seems my theme for today is "peace". lol.
   Anyway, another fun experience this week was that Elder Rogers and I got to go to a dinner with the Spanish Elders! They had a single woman feeding them so they needed another Male to come with them. It was so fun! Elder Rogers and I couldn't understand a word being said, yet strangely enough we knew what was happening. The woman was very nice and the food was really good. I love Spanish food!!
   We also made more ground with our investigator Alica. We brought our ward mission leader to the lesson with us and we talked with her about Joseph Smith. She also had a few questions, one of them being on the second coming of Christ. Brother Scheiss, our ward mission leader answered that for her and afterwards she told us that if we needed to teach in another home she would like to do the lessons in his home! That is a very big step with her because she has been very shy with us. And Rebecca, our other investigator came to church again this week! She left after the first hour though because she wasn't feeling too good. We sent her a text later that day letting her know that we care about her and hoped she would feel better soon. She replied with a "thanks and God bless!"
   I still find it so very weird/amazing/annoying how it has taken this long for me to get down how to be an effective missionary! But that's how all other “close to end” missionaries feel. lol.
   Well, I have to go now. Thanks for taking the time to email me! Izaak if you broke your finger that is awesome! I will be sure to give you a huge high five when I get home! lol. Breck........love you. Dan and Braylon I look forward to holding my nephew Little D. Mom and Dad, I love you both and pray that you will continue to feel Gods love and help in your lives. Fight the good fight, and stay cool!
                        -Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment