Monday, July 16, 2012

New Shoes


Date:     Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Email #93 – New Plymouth, ID

Hello again Bevell's,
   Boy did I get a surprise this last Sunday. This family walked up to me smiling and I walked up to shake their hands like I was doing to everyone else who was coming to church. As I shook the fathers hand he said "Well, do you recognize us?" I hate that question. I admitted that I did not. He then told me that he was Bro. Pounders from my home ward! I was instantly trunky. lol. I was even more so when his wife told me that she was Stephen's older sister. I'm better now though....I think. Anyway it was really cool to see someone from home. I took a picture with them as well.

   So, you have had a busy week too eh? This week was much better for us. Our investigators are progressing very well. Two of them told us they plan on being baptized! That was Mandy Smith and Debie Horton. I hope and wish I can be there when that happens. Transfer call this Friday, you will know what happens on Monday next.

   Something big is happening in New Plymouth ID. So big that the whole town will be there to witness it. It's THE PIONEER DAY RODEO CELEBRATION!! There will be dinner, ice cream and all sorts of fun activities. Elder Melchior and I have signed up for the calf dressing! You will be getting pictures of that fur sure! lol. Several members have even offered to lend us some cowboy hats for the occasion. lol.  There will also be a lot of non members there, so hopefully we will find some new people to work with as well.

   We had a really cool lesson with Dave as well. We met with him on Friday, and when we walked in we had no idea what to talk to him about. He has been taught everything! So as we sat and talked with him and his wife for a while we were listening very hard for any ideas on what to teach. At one point his wife Mary said the word "temples", and I suddenly knew what to talk about. This wasn't a sudden  "oh, she said temples. That's something we can talk about." It was a "You need to talk about temples with them!" So I pulled out my little Mormon messages and we started off by watching a short video on temples. After that everything else just fell into place. As we talked we learned that Dave really wanted to know the truth, but he was having trouble finding the motivation to put in his effort to get that answer. So in the end we gave him a few scriptures to read and committed him to find the motivation he needs. We shared with him the story of the man whose son was possessed. He took his son to Jesus who told him "If thou can believe, all things are possible." To this the man replied "Help thou my unbelief." Just the desire to believe is enough for God to answer our prayers.

   Now for another cool story.  Last night at our dinner appointment we sat down and they brought out to us....SHOES!! They had been cleaning out their son's bedroom and had found some "church" shoes that he had never worn. One was size 10 Elder Melchiors size, and the other 11's! So we both got new shoes at dinner! How awesome is that. 

   Well, I'm glad to hear all is well at the ranch. That's awesome about the rainstorm and how the airforce base guys had fun in it. (I hope you were able to have fun too Dad.) Remember, Life isn't about enduring the storm, its learning to dance in the rain! =D lol. I love you all and continually pray for you. Can't wait to see you all again! OH! Happy late birthday Dad and Dan!!! Stay cool!
                      -Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment