Monday, June 4, 2012

Day by Day...


Date:     Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Email #87 – New Plymouth, ID

Dear Bevell Family,

   I will start with myself this week as I am feeling rather selfish! (That was a joke so you can laugh now.) 

Anyway!
   So, this last week was actually really good. I wrote you a letter about it that I sent off this morning.  I am glad to hear I have mail on the way.  I have been feeling a little forgotten as of late. But I don't hold that against you because I know life can and is busy, especially at the ranch! So I will go over my week for you by day.
   Monday, the 28th, P-day;
-Had breakfast with the elders in Payette.
-Played volley ball with our district.
-At 6 p.m. we were picked up to spend family home evening with the Burbank's. We roasted hot dogs over a fire and talked about all the blessings that God has given us and we had a moment of silence for all the men and women who gave their lives so we could have some of those blessings. Very good time.
   Tuesday the 29th;
-Emailed at 11 since we didn't get the chance on Monday.
-Had lunch at the senior center in town. We get to go because we are "Elders"! lol. Plus it gives us a chance to mingle with the older folks in Town. There's a guy named Tom who we always play a game of pool with afterwards. We have yet to beat him. (POOL SHARK!!)
-After lunch we were able to do some service for the people we live with. They are remodeling their kitchen so we got to break up some cement stairs and dig holes outside. Good man work.
-Washed up afterwards.
-Had dinner at the Beutlers home. He is our ward mission leader in the New Plymouth 1st ward.
-Had a lesson with a potential investigator whose last name is Ruska. We taught her and her son about the restoration. She didn't have any questions. We would have set a return appointment but she is out of town now.
-We then had splits with 1st ward. I went with Br Beutler while Elder Melchior went with Br. Jones. Br. Beutler and I visited Ranee and Carol again. Ranee was just leaving to go to town, and Carol had moved into her own place. So we drove to Carol's and talked a bit and invited her to church. She said she would try but still didn't in the end.
   Wednesday the 30th;
-A slower day. Spent a lot of time making phone calls trying to set up appointments for the rest of the week. We did have a lesson with the Airaldi family. Single mom, three kids (one girl two boys.) The oldest not baptized. We taught them the plan of salvation and gave them their own color copies we had made at the library that morning. They loved it and the oldest kid (Ziek) seemed to really enjoy the lesson.
   Thursday the 31st;
-Our first day in the week to work in the Fruitland 3rd ward. A rough day.
-Began by doing our weekly planning for the rest of the week and next.
-pulled out the area book and began visiting less active members. Not many were home, or answered their doors. Some addresses were wrong as well. We need to get an updated ward list for that ward.
-Had lessons back in New Plymouth, both at the same time actually so we had to call up some people to go on splits with us. My letter tells about what I did. Elder Melchior taught Teddy Huston and her daughter Charity. Teddy is a recent convert and charity is not baptized. He taught the first lesson (The restoration.) I came in just in time for the closing prayer!
   Friday the 1st;
-Had district meeting then went out to lunch with the district afterwards.
-Stopped by the bishop of Fruitland 3rd and had a very good talk with him. We told him how the ward was struggling and he apologized for being so busy. He then gave us two names to contact and told us that he would get more names from the ward council for us to visit when appointments fall through. They are also putting together a list of members who can be available to come with us to lessons! Friday was the best day of the week!!
   Saturday the 2nd;
-Had lunch at subway because we get it free once a week!
-Made progress records for the ward.
-Contacted more less active families in 3rd ward and the names that Bishop gave us.
-Delivered progress records at the end of the day.
   Sunday the 3rd;
-Went to church in Fruitland 3rd. Fast and testimony meeting went really well. There was a constant stream of testimonies including my own and Elder Melchiors. One thing that stood out to me in Elder Melchiors testimony was this. He said; "We are here on earth to be tried and tested, and to be blessed." I thought about the last part. We know we are here to be tested, to grow. But how often do we remember that we are also here to receive blessings from our Father in Heaven? It's an interesting thought isn't it?
   And that dear family was my week!!
Now to you guys!
   Congrats to Alec on is mission call!! The people in Anaheim California won’t know what hit them!! lol.
And good job Mom on your missionary experience! I am so proud of you. To refer her just go on to mormon.org and go to "meet with missionaries" you can then type in her address and it will be sent to the missionaries covering that area. Also a cool thing on mormon.org if you didn't know this already if you look all the lessons we teach as missionaries are on there! Cool huh!?
   Breck in singles ward!? Let me tell you now, from what I have seen with the single wards here I am not looking forward to that. Hopefully your letter will bring me hope Breck! lol.
   The bible camp sounds like it was fun Mom. I'm glad you were able to help them avoid some potentially bad and awkward experiences. As I thought about that I thought back to all the young people I have taught the Gospel too and how much fun it was. I love teaching youth about the gospel! Maybe I will think about being a seminary teacher. (Key word in there is THINK.) lol.
   I'm still praying hard for you Breck on your seizures. Don't give up just yet! And I loved your graduation pictures! Man I really wish I could have been there!! It looks like you had a ton of fun! Congrats again on that.
   Don't be getting down I haven't forgotten you Izaak!  Don't ever change little bro! (That way I will always be better than you at halo! haha!)
   It was so good to hear from you all again! I look forward to your letters; please keep writing me it really is a huge pick me up!! I love you all! Stay cool!
                               -Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment