Monday, November 14, 2011

Transferred to Jerome, Idaho


Monday November 14, 2011 3:21 PM
Email # 59 – Jerome, ID
Hey there Family!
   Gosh! Much has happened in the past two days. To start off, I was transferred to Jerome ID. It's right next to Twin Falls my first area! My new companion is Elder Baily who has been out for 8 months now. He's from Michigan and is much taller than me. I will send you a picture next week.
   I am really going to miss La Grande though. I have had such a good time up there and made many friends in the wards. On Sunday the bishops announced that I was leaving and everyone I walked by shook my hand and told me how much they appreciated the hard work I have done and that I would be sorely missed. It feels so good to know that the work I did had a positive influence on the members. How grateful I am to have served in La Grande.
   It sounds like a lot has happened back home as well. I loved the pictures of Breck and Izaak at the play! Izaak looks so much older!!! I can't wait to be in another play when I get home! lol. Glad you guys are having fun!
   Breck and Izaak. I was so very glad to hear that you guys are getting along better. You are brother and sister. Family to each other. Keep building that relationship because it will be a strength to you both in hard times. I love you guys!
   So the last thing to happen in La Grande was a baptism! The baptism of Brendon Beusey! I was so happy to be there for that. It was wonderful. Brendon even bore his testimony. He spoke of how when he first started reading from the Book of Mormon he was very sceptical and tried to find fault in it. But as he kept reading it he couldn't find any!! He read it several times and each time he began to believe in it more and more till he Finally could not deny that it was true. He is going to be a great member. I also got to confirm him a member that Sunday.
   Now to your questions. Yes we are aloud to listen to talks so please do send the CD! I am eager to hear it. I did get my new shoes, thank you so much for that! Right now I am using them as my Sunday pare till my old ones are completely useless. My cloths are holding out just fine. My pants are getting a little tight though. lol. I haven't been working out lately but that will likely change as Elder Baily is very physical and likes to work out. I am also in a car area. My funny moment happened this morning as Elder Reinsch and I got to the transfer spot. The whole drive over I just had this feeling that I had forgotten something. I wasn't sure what though. I found out as Elder Sanders texted us asking if I meant to leave my ties in La Grande!! I have only the tie that I am wearing!!! I don't know how I forgot to pack them but I did. lol. They will be sending them to me ASAP.  As for a faith building moment, that was when I talked with Brendon just before his baptism. I asked him how he was doing and he said that this was all still very new to him, that he didn't really understand it all. As we talked I could literally see his faith. He didn't understand anything we had taught him. It all made since, but it was very new, yet he had felt the spirit testify to him that it was true and he was acting on that feeling. Pure faith. I was amazed and my testimony of the gospel grew. How grateful I am to be a part of this great work.
   Well, that's all I got for now. I'll write you soon and email you next Monday. I love you all and pray for you every day. Take care, and stay cool!
                      -Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment