Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hello from Meridian, ID

Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Email #22 - Meridian, ID

Hello family!

Sorry about my last two emails seeming really harsh. to be honest this last transfer was a real downer for me. I'm just feeling overwhelmed with everything. I talked with Watson on the phone the other night; he's doing much better and was able to give me some good advice. "Just walk fast and have a huge smile on your face" is what he told me. You can always tell a good missionary by the energy he has. I'm also working twice as hard to have the spirit with me.

Man, I sound like such a crybaby now!! There is some good news though! We have been teaching people, and I can already tell one ward wants to help us. I just need to get hold of the ward mission leader and talk to him. There is a man in one ward Br Almon! He is a drummer and has a band and is very fun to talk to!

Thank you Mom also for reminding me that it is not my Job to "change" people. I am only a messenger, and a friend. That was something I really needed to hear. You always have just the right thing to say.

Now something miraculous: last Tuesday we had to go shopping and I had very limited funds. But just as we were at the checkout counter an older couple paid for our stuff! =D Thank you Heavenly Father!

Something humorous: Today all the elders in our zone got together and we played volley ball. I did pretty good. Then when we switched teams I noticed that most of the people on the other side were Tongan and everyone on my team was white and skinny. Long story short, we were DESTROYED!!!! lol I don't want to play sports with Tongans, they are very scary when they play!!

I am learning patience (mainly with myself.)

And your assignment is to pray for me to have the strength to get out of bed and have the energy to go!

Thanks for all you guys do! I pray for you every night. I love you all!

-Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment