Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy VALENTINES Day

One of my favorite emails so far. Enjoy... Smiles

Date: Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Email #19: Twin Falls, ID

Hey there!!

Thank you all for the valentine box! I loved it and wish I could have been with you on that lovely loving day! lol I love you all!

So I think it is very cool Mom that Bishop should speak about sacrifices, because this months theme in our mission is sacrifice! What can we give up so that we can have what God wants us to have? I have thought about what I could give up and determined that the best thing I can do is give up me. I have been a little selfish lately as in looking for stuff that I want to have like music that I could get when I get home, cool jackets. Basically all the stuff that will make me look cool. And I have felt different, It was harder to feel the spirit when I taught because I was only thinking about what I could do when I get back to the house. So, I drew up a chart and pinned it on the wall next to my bed, I call it my morning ritual. It has on it everything I MUST do in the morning in order to feel the spirit for that day, it goes like so:

Wake up on time

Morning prayer

Work out

Shower

Personal study

Companionship study

And ends with,

Don't think about yourself!

I have been working hard at following this list and am starting to feel the spirit more strongly. I'm really marking up my scriptures as I read now, and understanding comes a lot easier now.

OH! I almost forgot to tell you how much I love this transfer and all the elders in it. Obedience is so much better! All the elders work hard and I feel so much better when I am around them! I hope next transfer is just as good if not better! I am so happy!

I'm also praying for aunt Nancy, tell her I love her when you see her again and that my prayers are with her. She is so awesome.

And I did print off that driving record. Thank you so much Dad for standing in that corrupt government building of depressed brainwashed workers who only sit there because of the money the government gives them that they don't have! I know that must have been mentally and physically painful for you. But I am now able to drive but not assigned to at this time. Probably next transfer. lol

Elder Watson and I are still getting along just great! I forgot my card reader today so next week I will send you a picture of me and him. His favorite sport is soccer and we will actually be playing with a junior high team today. He is so excited and I am prepared to make a complete fool of myself! I have my inhaler at hand. lol

Miracle share! We had lunch the other day at a Mongolian grill called WOK-N-GRILL. I love this place! But its a little pricey, so before heading in we asked heavenly father to have someone pay for us because we have no money or food. As we walked in we held the door for a woman and her daughter, then we sat down got our food and ate till we burst! It was soooo gooood!!! Then the waitress handed us our tab. we were a little bummed but I pulled out our family card and walked to the front to pay. As I walked up the woman we held the door open for passed me, as she passed she stopped me and said, "Don't worry about that. I just payed for you guys."..........O_O........ AMAZING!!! We were so happy and thanked heavenly Father for helping us out.

Teaching this week was kind of sad because a lot of people cancelled. So hopefully this next week will be better! (crosses fingers)

Something humorous. At the Vipps (the family we are staying with) their grandson Gregory was staying for a few nights. The other night he was really sad about something, so I went downstairs and grabbed a candy stick! ( a candy stick is a candy cane without the crook at the end) I gave it to Gregory, who looked at it, then gave it back to me! I have never seen a kid his age say no to candy! Especially Elder Bevells candy!! lol It was funny.

Well that's all I got, glad you guys are doing well! Continue to be a strong family, spend as much time together as you can, that's something I wish I had done when I was younger. But I was stupid then and now I am...not..as ...stupid? lol I don't know. Have an awesome day and stay cool!

-Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment