Monday, May 21, 2012

Progress...


Date:     Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Email #85 – New Plymouth

Dear Bevell Family,
   I'm doing really good this week, as is Elder Melchior! Work is improving each week and the progress is very noticeable. Especially in our total lessons:
   Week one: 15 lessons
   Week two:  16 lessons
   Week three:  18 lessons
It's so cool!  And the members are really helping us a lot as well. We get referrals at most if not all dinner appointments, and we have an amazing relationship with our bishops and ward mission leaders.
   Something I am really excited about is our investigator Dave. He has been meeting with missionaries long before I or even Elder Kofoed came into the area. He's only been to church once and hasn't been keeping his commitments. So a few weeks ago, Elder Melchior and I met with him and strongly encouraged him to come to church. He told us he does have a desire to know the truth of our words and we testified how coming to church can help him get an answer to his prayers. Well, for the past two Sundays he has come to church, without us asking or reminding him!  Now we're trying to get Renaee and her mom Carol to come to church. They just always have something happen and they just can't come. Satan is working overtime to keep them from church, but we will win!!!!
   Congrats on graduating seminary Breck! And good job to Izaak on his science project. It looks AWESOME! What was your grade on it? Then you have 6th vs teachers! That was a lot of fun!  And have fun at the pool party! (I really really REALLY want to go swimming right now.)
   I too, Mom, am glad about how all of us have grown in the Gospel. I still get so excited when I think of just how far Izaak has grown in it, and Breck has been nothing but a powerful foundation of faith. Dad, you have always been such a good example of how to act as one with the priesthood. And Mom, you are the perfect example of Love. The only times I have ever seen you without a smile has been when I did something dumb that made you mad. lol. Your smile is something I keep in my heart.
   I love you all! I pray for you every day and think of you often. I'm doing my best to stay busy so the time will go by quickly, and because that's what the Lord wants me to do. Stay cool!
                       -Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment