Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Monday - P-day


Date: Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Email #56 - La Grande, OR


     Dear Bevell Family,
   I'm over in Baker city right now for Pday and it’s about an hour drive back to La Grande so this is going to be a short email this week. Sorry.
   I loved all the pictures! Thank you so much for them it's so good to see your faces and share in a small amount of the fun. Dayson and Dustin look so different! They have really grown up. And Izaak is definitely buffer than I was at his age. lol. And it sounds like the ranch had a lot happening. I hope the damage to the roof from the helicopter was paid for by the company that used the helicopter. I also hope the damage wasn't to bad. And Breck! You look ssoooooo beautiful in your homecoming pictures! I am glad you had a good time and that you had a great guy to take you. I can't wait to hear more about it.
   So, we had a slow week in La Grande. Elder Reinsch got sick and we had to cancel all our appointments that day. So I just read my scriptures and cleaned the house. The next two days, most of our appointments fell through. It was a very frustrating time, so we filled it up by talking to the bishops, and even doing a little tracting. Sunday was the best day. It was the primary program in 3rd and 4th ward and the kids were so cute as they sang to us. I really felt the spirit, especially when I saw the daughter of Sister Webber who we baptized a few months ago. Or maybe it was last month. Anyway it felt good to see how the gospel has affected their family for the better. That night we also had a missionary fireside in Elgin which is just 19 miles north of La Grande I think. That was very fun. We were asked to speak on how we had prepared to serve a mission and what advice we had for those wanting to serve. Elder Reinsch spoke first and told of his experiences in gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and learning how to take care of himself (cooking grooming etc.) Then I got up, and told them how my preparation had been a little last minute. lol. So to help them I pulled up a chalk board and taught them about the Armor of God, and how it can help us not only prepare for a mission but for life as well. I drew a stick man on the board and we drew each piece of the armor on it and talked about them. The ward loved it and we had a lot of thank-yous afterwards. I was glad to have been able to help them feel the spirit enough to be inspired on how to better put on the armor of God.
      So that's me in a few words this past week. Thank you guys for all you do! I am still in the process of writing you guys. You know how I like to send all your letters in one envelope. I love and miss you all and hope you have a great week! Fight the good fight, and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment