Monday, October 8, 2012

Last Email home --- Conference was amazing..


Date:     Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Email #105 – Kimberly, ID

Hey Mom,
   So I was going to write you all personal letters, but things have been way too busy to do that. So I am sending you all a personal email. I hope you all enjoy that.
Conference was amazing and my heart was on fire the whole time.  I loved how strong and bold the messages were. I can't remember who said it but I found it amazing how they said it will take more to be safe in the Gospel than just going to church or church activities. The gospel has to be a part of the home. I have found that to be so very true in the gospel. It has to be more than a social thing.
   The overall message that I got out of conference was that the end is getting closer and we need to step up our game. My question for conference was actually how I could better apply the gospel to my life, and boy did I get an answer. lol. I also noted how much more passionate they seemed when talking about the family. I got a lot of good tips on what to do for the family I will probably have.
   My temple trip was amazing. I truly felt my Saviors and Heavenly Fathers love for me. I went in hoping to know if all that I had done out here was enough. I was feeling very sorrowful for my past mistakes, and my mind was full of doubts and fear that I may have done wrong. But as I sat in the Celestial room, I thought back to those moments, and confronted them. As I did so I literally felt the pain and sorrow wash away. I still have the memory, but no emotion is attached to it. I gave thanks and praises to God for his mercy and love for one so flawed and imperfect as myself. He is real, and He really does love us. Oh how grateful I am. I never want to forget that feeling.
   Also as I left the temple I felt a greater desire to go out and just WORK! I have only a week and a few days left, but it is still the Lord’s time.
   I love you Mom, Know that your son has a testimony of the restored gospel, and our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the author of our salvation, and through non other can we even hope to return to our Father in Heaven with our families. I cannot wait to see you again. Till then stay cool!
                           -Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment