Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm loving my mission


Date:     Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Email #101 – Kimberly, ID


Dear Bevell Family,
   Already I am starting the second week of the transfer. This last week has flown by so very fast. I am both excited and sad about it. It's going fast because Elder Rogers and I are working very hard. The hardest I have ever worked my whole mission! I have learned so much from Elder Rogers already. First off he is very VERY obedient which I am very grateful for. It's so much easier to be obedient when your companion is trying as well. I am also really enjoying working with all the other Elders in our zone! Every Sunday we get to talk with the district leaders and talk about their districts, their goals, numbers and if all the companionship's are getting along and working hard. I'm especially impressed with Elder Sagiao (sung-yow) who is training a new missionary, while going to a new area, and this is his first time as district leader! That is a lot to deal with, but when talking to him last night he simply said,"this has been the second hardest week on my mission, but I'm working hard, and I know everything will turn out good." Such amazing faith!
   So this last week we found two new investigators! They are a couple named the Stots. The wife came from an lds back round but wasn't baptized, the husband had no religion in his childhood. They both smoke, and want to be baptized. lo. Their kids have all been baptized and they have had the missionary lessons before, so teaching them should be pretty simple. On our first visit they asked us what advice we had on helping them to quit smoking?  What did we think would help the most? Our response was to simply gain a stronger faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. We also told them that in the lessons we would focus on that truth, that through faith in Christ we can overcome all our sins, shortcomings and "bad habits". It was a great lesson.
   We also had a lot of conversations with people on the streets. We do a lot of street contacting here in Kimberly.  Kimberly is a little bigger than New Plymouth, but as zone leaders we work with other elders too. With that in mind we sort of cover the city of Twin Falls as well. It's so cool to be right next to my greenie area! Elder Jones is covering that area right now. He was my MTC companion if you remember.
   The fun thing that will be happening this week is that my companion Elder Rogers will get to go on exchanges with our mission president tomorrow! I will be going with some other Elders for that day till the end of the exchange, so I will be sure to let you know how that goes.
   HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY IZAAK!!! Man I so wish I could have been there for that. Thank you for the pictures! I'll have a late birthday present for you when I get home little bro. You will love it! (haha! Now you have to sit in suspense till I get home! Mmwwhahaha!)


   It's crazy fun over here. I'm loving my mission, I love my companion, and I LOVE this gospel. I love what it has done for my life and also for all of you as my family. I cannot tell you how much I love you all, and how grateful I am for all you have done for me. The gospel is true! Fight the good fight, and stay cool!
                     -Elder Bevell-

No comments:

Post a Comment